One of the challenges of today's industry is to minimize the time it takes to introduce a new product to the market. "Time to market" has become the key criterion for success or failure. The solution to the problem was production automation providing virtually unlimited programming possibilities. Handling multiple references or adding new ones does not pose major problems. Along with the development of technology, industrial robots are more and more often used in monotonous, heavy, burdensome and dangerous work.
The robots work with more than watchmaking precision
Automation and robotization of processes works best wherever exceptional precision, reliability, speed or repeatability is required while maintaining the highest safety, hygiene standards and restrictive environmental standards. Additional elements of equipment in the form of: sensors, scanning lasers or vision systems allow you to perform dynamic and more and more complex activities. Robotization of production makes it possible to respond to changing environmental conditions. We are talking about flexibility in action far beyond human capabilities.
What does production automation do?
The main tasks of production automation are improvement and optimization, i.e. the final reduction of production costs. Advanced robotic systems also enable integration with vision systems. On the one hand, it offers the machine the "sense of sight", thus enabling it to retrieve components from any position. On the other hand, for advanced 3D vision systems, industrial robots pick up components directly from the containers. Equipping the robotic station with additional instrumentation allows the components to be tracked on the conveyors and retrieved "on the fly", increasing the efficiency of the process.
The biggest advantages are:
A well-designed robotic system that is regularly serviced and consumables replaced as recommended is reliable
and requires only systematic service inspections at the intervals provided by the robot manufacturer.
The systems are designed to work as long as possible, minimizing interruptions,
and in optimal conditions, they do not require supervision.
A properly designed system is able to perform every detail with the same precision.
Work without restrictions
Regardless of the working conditions, robotic systems are adapted to them. Regardless of whether they are heavy, dangerous or burdensome, in every respect – even with loads of up to 1,200 kg, the robot is able to do its job.
Robots are a great tool in the hands of a person who knows how to use them to provide customers with the product they expect. Regardless of who the customer is, what industry he belongs to and what the final product is, robotization appears everywhere and can improve the process at any stage. It has been known for a long time that human imagination knows no limits, but it is robotization that allows the implementation of the most daring visions and ideas.
We help to solve various problems
Challenges, innovations, professional performance - these are the slogans that drive us to action and allow us to create modern and functional machine parks. Thanks to them, our partners are able to produce elements of the highest technological value. We do not rely solely on existing concepts. For us, robotization of production is a continuous process. We keep improving and improving it to provide our clients with solutions that meet their needs. We are happy to undertake large projects and modernizations, based on our own technical facilities. We offer individual concepts tailored to specific problems.
We connect the past and the future
At DS-Technic Automatyka Przemysłowa, looking proudly to the future, we respect the tradition, because it was the basis of which our company grew out of, which today can boast nearly 10 years of experience. The knowledge and innovative thinking we have gained so far have led us to the point where we participate in building solutions not only on the Polish market, but also in Germany, France and the Netherlands. Process automation and robotization is the future of many, if not most industries, even when they are still resisting this trend. At DS-Technic, we know this very well, so we are open to the needs of companies that are looking for a reliable and experienced partner for business cooperation.
Vision systems are used to control the quality of production on automatic lines, where high repeatability of components is required. They are recommended where the efficiency of the line and the complexity of details is so high that the operator is unable to detect all errors.
Main vision systems application:
Quality / presence check:
- paths after automatic application, e.g. adhesives,
- presence of elements,
- the correctness and completeness of assembly of components,
- item positions.
Replacement of many sensors to verify the configuration of a transport pallet being converted depending on the reference - automatic assembly systems in the automotive industry.
- reading of 1D and 2D codes,
- read alphanumeric signs,
- read element encoding.
- positioning of robotic systems,
- track correction
- element orientation before fetching.
Main vision systems application:
Vision sensors - simple tasks, repetitive components, big difference between OK and NOK components:
- checking the presence of components (is / is not available),
- component type control (shape / color / surface),
- configuration control (appropriate markers in given areas).
Vision systems - smart camera (advanced tasks):
- positioning, calibrated to real units,
- OCR / OCV reading and component type identification, production tracking, product sorting,
- path control (continuous, open, complex shapes),
- minimizing the influence of external conditions through the use of image filters and advanced dynamic parameter correction options for given image areas.
PC based vision systems - complex tasks:
- advanced multi-camera measurements,
- very high line yields,
- complex control algorithms,
- 3D control.
Systems based on neural networks - the most difficult tasks, extremely fast processes.
Advantages of using vision systems:
- automation of component quality control,
- possibility of automatic correction of the position of manipulators and robots,
- automatic reading of product markings (expiry date, batch number) - elimination of defective products
- easy integration with control systems (digital I / O, RS-232, Ethernet RT),
- high stability of work - the possibility of image filtering and dynamic selection of parameters even with variable parameters of the controlled product,
- built-in automatic test program test mode,
- the ability to register control photos during the system operation, registration of NOK measurements for subsequent analysis and parameter adjustments,
- control of many parameters with capacities up to 750 measurements / min.
- programmable user interface - the ability to define access levels based on user identification parameters from the vision system level or from the control system.